Safaricom modem, Zain modem, Yu modem, Orange modem (Argh!) Well, Unlocking your modem enables you to use your one modem on several networks whether local or networks in other countries. And get it done for FREE. Yes, just what you have been looking for!
|Unlock your modem|
UNLOCK YOUR MODEM
There are several ways to unlock your modem: From simple user-friendly non-technical, to manual technical for those thus inclined. Even commercial, if you really don’t need your money however I’ll be posting on Free Ways of unlocking your modem.
The Easiest Way to Unlock your Modem
- Visit http://a-zgsm.com/freecode/
- Enter your IMEI number (check bottom of modem) in the input box and click Calculator
- You’ll get an unlock code (Please check that your modem is supported before using)
- Remove the SIM card from your modem and put in another network SIM card.
- It requests an unlock code, enter the unlock code that was calculated
- Your modem will then accept the SIM.
- If it refuses the code, do not keep retrying, as 10 failures block the modem
Other Links for Unlocking Your Modem:
Another web-based calculator: http://a-zgsm.com/huawei.php
Or a python script with the algorithm for unlocking: huawei-unlock.py
Kenyan mobile network internet profiles
Facebook ~ TO UNLOCK YOUR MODEM
Another simple way to unlock your modem is through Facebook. Yeah, lots of good people out there just waiting to offer their free service. Here’s a quick guide to the easiest way to unlock your modem.
Using your Safaricom Modem: To connect Yu, Zain, Orange (cheaper)
- Log in to your facebook account. Then join/like one of the groups e.g UNLOCKING YOUR MODEM, Unlocking Saf, Yu Zain Modems, and such others.
- The group you joined will give you instructions on unlocking. they will request your modem IMEI no. then unlock it for you.
- Once you have unlocked your saf modem, you can change access settings (they-above will give you procedure) and use your Yu line.
- Remember to Disable Automatic Updates on your Computer to Further Minimize megabytes used, Plus you can disable images on your browser-This cuts MBs to a surprisingly low figure
~As posted on Safaricom’s Unlimited Internet
They will send you a 8 digit unlock code which you input when you insert another SIM card into the modem. Then you will need to create a network profile for the said SIM network, it’s simple. Get instructions on Yu, Zain, Safaricom, Orange profiles and how to do this right here [Internet Profiles for networks]. And you are good to go.